ELEMENTAL DRAGON EMPIRE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DRAGONS CAVE

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

(Short story) Blood Magic

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Prince Fintan Pendragon
CHAT ADMIN
Prince Fintan Pendragon

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-12-28

(Short story) Blood Magic Empty
PostSubject: (Short story) Blood Magic   (Short story) Blood Magic EmptyJune 18th 2012, 1:47 pm

(Yeah...for once short story means it only took a page on Word to type! lol I just felt lazy and didn't want to polish it up.)

The darkness was crushing. What was once a brightly lit tomb was now dank and dark. The gold had been picked from the walls, leaving a molding stone. The only light belonged to two men holding torches with a group of three men between them in chains. Before them, a pair of coffins cast of pure silver, fit for Royalty.
“Christians, your God rose men from the dead, yes?” Fintan’s voice asked. The other three responded with a soft yes. “And your Savior rose himself, did he not?” Again, they nodded.
The second with the torch spoke up, his deep Eastern European accent sending a visable shiver down the spines of the two Crusaders. “And we should strive to be like Our Lord. Let us, if we can, give others life in our place.”
“Vlad, if you would be so kind?” Fintan moved his hand from under his cloak, holding an open book. The book seemed to glow on its own, and reeked of death within its pages. Fintan began to speak as Vlad moved two of the three men infront of the coffins. As Fintan spoke in the Infreanian tongue the silver cracked, the coffins opening.
Within the coffins was a grotesque sight. There lay two bodies, one more decomposed than the other. Though with both, there was vibrant red hair as if that would not, and could not discolor. A sort of testament against death by the two queens. Boudicca’s throat had stitching, where her head had been replaced before her burial by the Royalists. At long last, Fintan spoke in plain tongue.
“Let there be blood for blood, life for life.” With that, he drew a dagger and slit the throat of both Christians, only to have them screaming for mercy as their blood sprayed over the queens.
The ground shook, shadows rising from the ground and flooding around the two dead women. It engulfed them, and writhed. The entire castle shaking from the magic taking place. Vlad had to restrain the third Christian from running. The only way he could, was by grabbing him by the throat, and completing the dark ritual. “Let the life that was taken unselfishly be returned, by one who has known not but selfishness.” With that, his nails dug in to his throat with an unhuman strength. Shadows did the same to this man as they did the queens. He was dropped to the ground as his form began to change. Fintan dropped his book as he and Vlad both went to a knee.
“Fintan…” The soft voice of Boudicca spoke. “Does your love for us know no bounds?”
“On your order, My Queen, I shall undo what I have done. On your royal order alone.”
“What has become of my country?”
Back to top Go down

(Short story) Blood Magic
Page 1 of 1